Tuesday, September 22, 2015
Orange is the New Black Danielle Brooks
How Celebrity Stylist Larry Sims created this cute Pony Tail on the Orange is The New Black Danielle Brooks
Celebrity Stylist Larry Sims worked his magic once again last night at the 2015 Emmy’s, creating the bold and beautiful “Power Pony” for Orange Is The New Black’s star, Danielle Brooks.
See the step-by-step “how to” with product recommendations below and let me know if you would like additional information, hi-res images or samples for Smooth ‘N Shine.
1. Prep hair with Smooth ‘N Shine Argan Power 10 Treatment Oil ($4.36; Wal-Mart) for thermal protection and sheen and then blow dry until hair is smoothed out.
2. Apply Smooth ‘N Shine Olive & Tea Tree RevivOil Edge Smoothing Pomade ($2.59; Target) throughout the hairline and crown of the head to define edges, smooth down flyways and create a sleek look.
3. Gather all hair at the nape of the neck using a paddle brush and create a tight, low ponytail and lock in place with a hook elastic.
4. Then, wrap 26-inch long human hair extensions across the base of the ponytail in a clockwise direction, securing the weft with pins.
5. Take a small section of the extensions and wrap around the elastic, to hide the elastic. Secure with a pin.
6. Midway down the back, take another small section of the extensions and wrap it tightly in a downward motion to create a roping effect, stopping about a foot from the end.
7. Finish the look off with a spritz of Smooth ‘N Shine Instant Repair Spray-On Polisher ($4.36; Wal-Mart) for extra shine and luster.